It’s the holiday season, and along with the gifts and giving, also comes big meals and weight gain. But you don’t have to gain the weight! You can still eat all the yummy food and not gain the typical holiday pounds. Just follow these tips:
- Don’t skip breakfast and avoid overeating at holiday meals – Eat breakfast and do not attempt to fast going into these meals, or you will overeat for sure.
- Plan what you eat before and after holiday meals to avoid weight gain – Lighten up on your calorie intake a couple of days before and after. Your weekly average intake is more important than one day’s intake, and you can balance it out if you are careful.
- Small plate = smaller portions = reduced calorie intake – Use a small plate: This keeps your portions in check. Sure, you can still pile high but that tends to get stares from other guests.
- Don’t deprive yourself of food, just reduce the amount you eat over the holiday season – Go ahead and get a dab of everything that you want to try; this will keep you from feeling deprived later.
- Make wise food choices so you enjoy the holidays – Do, however, choose between the bread and dessert. One or the other, your choice.